June 11, 2018: Giant Soul released as Unearthed Arcana playtest material.
The following material was created by Dungeons & Dragons Franchise Creative Director Mike Mearls for his stream Happy Fun Hour, which you can watch live at Twitch.tv/DnD on Tuesdays at 4:00 EST or via replays on YouTube. This material is provided to facilitate community testing and feedback.
Giant Soul (Sorcerer)
- Get big and giant
- Elemental element – fire, frost, stone, cloud, storm
- Spell rage
Dragon sorcerer – +1 hit point per level
Choice of giant type:
- Stone Giant: Earth Tremor, Earthen Grasp
- Fire Giant: Burning Hands, Flaming Sphere
- Frost Giant: Armor or Agathys, Snilloc’s Snowball Swarm
- Spells can scale?
- 6th level ability works with these
When you cast a spell, get a benefit based on its slot.
You channel the power and magic of your giant “ancestors”
- Stone Giant: +AC based on spell level
- Fire Giant: + damage to spell damage roll, equal to spell level (spell slot)
- Frost Giant: reserve of temporary hit points equal to 2+ spell level (spell slot)
Spell Rage: size Large
Once per day
Benefits to Strength checks and saving throws, damage rolls?
Extra hit points – increase current and max, +2 per hit die/level?
Spell Rage: size Huge
Boosts 14th level ability – can now go Huge
Added benefits – advantage to Constitution checks and saving throws
Extra hit points – +4
All – triple 6th level benefit