Order of the Nomad is a subclass for the Psion class.
Order of the Nomad
Mystics of the Order of the Nomad keep their minds in a strange, rarified state. They seek to accumulate as much knowledge as possible, as they quest to unravel the mysteries of the multiverse and seek the underlying structure of all things. At the same time, they perceive a bizarre, living web of knowledge they call the noosphere.
Nomads, as their name indicates, delight in travel, exploration, and discovery. They desire to accumulate as much knowledge as possible, and the pursuit of secrets and hidden lore can become an obsession for them.
At-Will Teleport Cantrip
- Restricted verticality
- Shorter than walking
- Replace your movement
- Require concentration
- Ground you can see
- Requires an action
While you are concentrating on this cantrip, as an action you can teleport 10 feet to a position you can see. Distance scales up with level. When you teleport in this manner, you can’t move after teleporting.
At-Will Time Travel Cantrip – Fold Time
- This can’t be obnoxious
- Low tracking
- Low complexity
- Low handling time
- Action to activate, requires concentration
- Reaction to force a reroll
- Extra reaction?
- Bonus to a thing – one specific roll or save
- Bonus action used for other things?
- Perception checks?
- Avoid surprise
- Mess with initiative order
- Find a way to make this work
- Choose a result
- Deny surprise
- “Time Step” action
- Move 10 Feet
- You can swap out gear
- You can get a defensive buff – baby shield, +1d4 AC vs. one attack or save bonus on one save
- Needs to peek back into your action – restrict what else you can do
- One attack, or one cantrip, or (list TBD)
At 1st level, you learn two additional psionic disciplines of your choice. They must be chosen from among the Nomad disciplines.
At 1st level, you gain a speed bonus. Ignore difficult terrain?
At 3rd level, you gain an additional reaction. You can expend a 1st-level or higher spell slot to gain another reaction.
At 10th level, you gain resistance to magical and non-magical weapon attacks until the start of your next turn after you teleport.
Starting at 14th level, you can travel through both time and space. When you teleport, you can choose to skip forward in time.
Mechanically – you are isolated for one round to do what you want. Long rest cool down.
Second use or longer use at 18th level.
Pop back at any initiative.
Take a round off of take an extra restricted action.
Psionic Investigation (new spell)
Starting at 3rd level, you can focus your mind to read the psionic imprint left on an object. If you hold an object and concentrate on it for 10 minutes (as if concentrating on a psionic discipline), you learn a few basic facts about it. You gain a mental image from the object’s point of view, showing the last creature to hold the object within the past 24 hours.
You also learn of any events that have occurred within 20 feet of the object within the past hour. The events you perceive unfold from the object’s perspective. You see and hear such events as if you were there, but can’t use other senses.
Additionally, you can embed an intangible psionic sensor within the object. For the next 24 hours, you can use an action to learn the object’s location relative to you (its distance and direction) and to look at the object’s surroundings from its point of view as if you were there. This perception lasts until the start of your next turn.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
At 14th level, you gain the ability to become a ghostly figure of psionic energy. As an action, you can transform into a transparent, ghostly version of yourself. While in this form, you have resistance to all damage, move at half speed, and can pass through objects and creatures while moving but can’t willingly end your movement in their spaces. The form lasts for 10 minutes or until you use an action to end it. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Teleport Ally (2nd level)
- Bonus action, teleport a willing creature some distance
- Position swap
- 7th level wizard – dimension door – wizard and one creature
- 10th level dream druid – hidden paths
Teleport Enemy (3rd level)
- Teleport an unwilling creature as an action
- Position swap
- Cha save
Quick Teleport (1st level)
- In place of movement (1st)
- Action – extended range (1st)
- Bonus action (2nd)
- Reaction (3rd)
- Bonus action (4th)
- Teleport parts away
- At will version
- Teleport objects into creatures – force damage
- 1st level and scales up
- Move target slightly – 5 feet
- Con save
- Extra actions
- See the past and future and take advantage of that
- Step outside of time
- Slow-style effects – inhibit others’ ability to travel in time
- Time travel – future easy to get to, past in longer increments
- Most greedy, but with resource or higher level spell can affect allies
- Time hop effects – disappear for a bit
- Dictate your initiative result
- Make duplicates of yourself
- Spells: blink, slow, haste, foresight, and timestop
- Hold effects – freeze in time
- Reaction based abilities – capture the idea of knowing the future
- Spell that grants a reaction, stacks on top of existing ones
- Class feature
- At higher levels, get one all the time